Frozen PB Cookie Dough
My sweet tooth has been out of control lately. I’ve found that having a small treat tames it (sometimes).
In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been a little (okay, a LOT) obsessed with raw frozen desserts lately. They are just SO quick and simple to make. I can also experiment a lot with them.
So today, I just threw a little of this and a little of that into the blender, and VOILA! These lovely cookie dough-esque-ish things emerged!
I really don’t know what to call them other than blobs - but that’s a little unappealing, no?
Regardless of what you want to call them, they are DELISH.
For about 12 tbsp-sized blobs, you’ll need:
- 10 dates
- about 1/4 cup PB
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- water, as needed
1. Blend the dates in a food processor until a thick paste forms.
2. Add in the PB, and process until well incorporated.
3. Add in everything else except the water, and mix.
4. If you find your mixture isn’t holding together, add in a DRIZZLE of water. I literally added about a tsp.
5. Once it sticks together, scoop tablespoon-sized blobs on to a plate. Freeze for at least 45 minutes. Once frozen, store in an airtight container in the freezer.
The salt is KEY in this recipe. It gives it a sweet-n-salty taste that’s TO DIE FOR.
My original plan was to put the batter in a brownie pan, and cut them into bars (sort of like Larabars, I guess). But I was much too lazy, and just wanted to eat these wonderful blobs asap. That said, feel free to make bars with your batter.
I can’t get over how delish these are. Of course, you can modify the recipe according to what your pantry holds. As a self-proclaimed PB addict, this definitely kills a PB craving.
11 months ago
Notes : 7 notes
Reblogged from :
Posted originally by:
Tag: vegan | vegetarian | raw | raw dessert | peanut butter |