No-Bake Energy Bars
Energy bars are a great grab-n-go snack on your way to the gym, or just as something to hold you over until your next meal.
This recipe is super easy and delicious.
For 5 bars, you’ll need:
- about 15 medjool dates
- about 1 tbsp chia seeds
- about 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- about 2 tbsp goji berries
- about 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- about 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- about 2 tbsp hazelnuts
- about 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- about 2 tbsp pistachios
- a drizzle of agave (maybe more, maybe less, if needed)
1. Blend the dates in a blender until a thick paste forms.
2. Add the date paste to a bowl, and mix in all the other ingredients except for the agave. You may need to get your hands dirty, and mix this by hand. No worries, though, you’ll get to lick your fingers after :)
3. Mix in the agave as needed to hold the mixture together.
4. Line a brownie pan (or any dish, really) with parchment paper.
5. Plop the mixture into the lined pan, and spread it evenly.
6. Pop it in the freezer.
7. Once frozen (an hour or 2), remove the parchment paper from the pan…
… and cut it anyway you desire. I decided to cut mine into fingers.
Note that you can pretty much be super creative with this recipe! Add in whatever mix-ins you’d like. You could even use nut butter instead of agave to make this extra nutty and a bit higher in protein!
Mix it up, & enjoy!
*This recipe was inspired by This Rawsome Vegan Life! Check out this blog for so many more amazing raw & vegan recipes!*
1 year ago
Notes : 12 notes
Reblogged from :
Posted originally by:
Tag: healthy | vegan | vegetarian | energy bars | recipe |